Counselling is a confidential process which involves supporting people to find skills, knowledge and resources that can assist in addressing a range of different issues in their lives.
Family & Relationship Counselling Services
Family & Relationship counselling services, aims for early intervention and prevention services that strengthen family relationships and ensure the well being and safety of children.
- Broad based counselling for any family member
- Education and skills training
- Information and referral/s
- Dispute resolution
Family Law Counselling Services
Family Law Counselling Services, aims to assist people with relationship difficulties better manage their Inter- personal and parental issues during or post separation.
- Intake & assessment
- Information & referral/s
- Education & Skills training
- Child focused groups
- Counselling including for children
Centacare family counselling staff can provide mediation services to assist families to reach an agreement and to resolve their disputes related to
- Separation and divorce
- Children and Parenting Plans
This can be achieved outside of the court system and can include extended family members such as grandparents. Our trained practitioners can assist families to
- identify issues which need to be resolved
- listen to each other's point of view without interruption
- sharing relevant information
- exploring ideas and options
- putting decisions and agreements in writing.
Centacare’s Wagga office employs a Registered Regional Dispute Resolution Practitioner who can provide a certificate to families when required.